Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lessons to learn...

Today I did something that I have never done in yoga before. Ever!

I finished the class and promptly threw up.

Yes, that's right, I hurled.
There are many contributing factors to this upsetting (ahem) event, and all of them shall be lessons well learned from here on in.
#1- If you miss Friday's AND Saturday's class don't forget to hydrate both those days with more than just a piddly litre of water
#2- In a similar vein, if you spend the entirety of Saturday in a car driving from the west coast to Kamloops, and eating more salt (read: junk food) than you have in a few weeks, don't only drink half of your one litre bottle (which you share with your sweetheart)
#3- Even though it's the only morning you have with your friends, for whom you are house/cat sitting while they are gone for the week to Disneyland, eating a breakfast (no matter how small), that is a)not liquid and b) almost entirely starch one hour prior to class is a no-no (usually it's a cup of vega in unsweetened almond milk 1.5-2hours before)
#4- Try to avoid doing yoga on the first day of your period, since you feel drained anyway
#5- Even though the class totally kicks your ass and you feel dehydrated, hot, and angry at the end, resist the temptation to chug 1.5 litres into your little belly IMMEDIATELY following class

Well. That was fun.

This week I have been practicing all over the place. This coming week I am doing yoga at the Bikram studio in Kamloops as I am teaching a theatre course for Western Canada Theatre over Spring Break. It'll be all 6ams and then a full day of teenagers, an evening of friends, and a night of cuddling the sweetest little Nermall-looking kitten I have ever seen.
The sun here is beautiful which is invigorating, but my wet hair is making me cold and I could use a nap something fierce...ideally in the sun.
More about the yoga through the week. Now -- napping, massaging my troublesome achilles, and icing!

No comments:

Post a Comment