Thursday, March 24, 2011

6 am!

So,

  I have been feeling scared of yoga all week and today I finally managed to prep myself with enough sleep and water (and electrolytes...kinda) to brave the 6am class. Mainly cause I MUST do 6am tomorrow so I was trying to switch the cycle around to be ready for it + the long drive back to Vancouver after teaching.

6am classes are wonderful because Stephen (Webb -- who owns...co-owns?) the Kamloops studio teaches them. His teaching is wonderful, and his vibe always tricks you into trying your hardest in the right ways.
Today I was even luckier, because the class was teeny tiny (so teeny that I thought at 5:59 that the class must start at 6:15 -- I had never been in such a small 6am, there are usually at least 15-20 students from the classes I have taken and today there were only four of us!), which meant less corrections in generally -- hanging out in precarious postures -- but more corrections specifically (where else can he look?!)

However... AFTER class, I had about two cups of water and again felt sick immediately and threw up. Just water. This time I hadn't eaten first. It's still not very nice, and might be part of the vulnerable/scared parcel of doing this much yoga. Stephen suggested it was from the compression of my organs and just bad stuff that didn't need to be inside me anymore. I got an adjustment from my dad right after cause I felt a bit of a headache and a little dizzy-ish, and he said -- more electrolytes -- like when you're dehydrated your body can't process the water without first replenishing electrolytes. Good thing Stephen had some coconut water to sell me.

Another really neat thing was one of the other ladies in the class today approached me afterwards and said: Were you doing energy medicine? (cause I always do my five minute routine in the hot room before taking savasana until class starts) I said "yes" and that I noticed her doing some before class too. Turns out she has taken the first course by the woman who wrote my energy medicine book and she's about to take another training course in May. It was neat to speak with someone else who was into energy medicine -- she's been doing it for about a year now, and I got her email address so we can stay in touch.

Tomorrow 6am. I hope there's no puking.

No comments:

Post a Comment