Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tight Skin!

So, this achilles thing is really a bother. It has gripped most of my left leg and even though I have taken it as easy as I can on my left leg, I noticed last night that the skin on my inner and outer thigh stings. Like it's burnt almost. Turns out, the muscles underneath are just so tight that it's making the skin tender. Argh.

 This week hasn't been bad -- I saw Julie R. a few times and we even practiced next to each other once which was nice support. I had Cedric a few times, and I seem to find a good zen in his class. I really like when our 2 minute Savasana's are silent. Tierney ushered me into a beautiful 6am class that I really wasn't feeling -- I managed to make it through though!

  Between you and me, I have a secret. I am totally over the heat. It's not the postures now that are chasing me out of the room, it's the heat. It's annoying, and sometimes overwhelming, but definitely draining. I always dream of the cold shower I'm going to have in the last few Savasanas, but by the time I've stood in line and get into the shower, my body is nowhere near as hot.

Also, I love the coconut water, but I've been finding that if it's not really cold, I kind of just feel like I'm drinking a can of sweat. Gross analogy, but there you have it. And really, I guess that's the idea.

I sound like a downer, but some positive things are going on. I have held two (2) ! standing bows from start to finish. Mind you they were second sets so only 30 seconds, I'm starting to feel some strength in my back during the spine strengthening series, and triangle isn't nearly such a pain as I start to unlock the alignment.

I haven't had the internet since I moved last week, so my blogging has taken a backseat. Also, I got another job so now I have two little part time gigs which both seem to take up the middle section of my day -- which is the best time for me and yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment