Thursday, April 21, 2011

Double Day!

Last Friday ended with some pretty heavy duty menstrual cramps starting during spine strengthening.
My actual period didn't start for another two days, but then by Monday's class I had to keep my arms out and to my sides in half-locust because my cramps were bad, and this whole weak has been very gentle in full bow. I just grab my feet and push my stomach into the floor until I feel it pounding.
Danny killed me on Tuesday, where I swear every posture lasted an extra ten seconds which was then subtracted from any "resting" that might have happened between postures. So everything was deep, way back, locked, forehead touching, arms pulling, stomach in, reach reach reach!

I didn't do class on Wednesday, I was still dead from Tuesday. I could have done 9:15 but had just gotten a free bed on Craigslist the day before and had my first sleep, off the floor in a Queen mattress stacked on another mattress. (Kurt, your kids can have their little single mattress back!) Something about having that new bed seemed to just suck every ounce out of me, as though I had been tired for months and finally slept for the first time.
Then I worked at my dance company job, and taught a mask workshop for some performers doing EURYDICE, and then I babysat for a friend's kids and didn't get home til 1am.

Today I got up at 8:30 and did my 9:15 class, even though I felt like I had no juice. I guess it turns out that I didn't because I vomited after class (maybe it has something to do with sugar levels when I'm on my period), and had to nap.
Since I didn't go yesterday though, I did another class after I got home from work at 7:45.
My first Double!
And, they (whoever "they" may be) were right!
It wasn't as impossible as I thought. I was extra vigilant not to hurt anything, because my achilles is still bugging me and my left side neck/shoulder has a kind of kink in it, and class was very calm, gentle and controlled. I did almost everything twice, and after the class was really proud of myself. Then I drank a lot of fluids, coconut water, juice, gatorade, and water and now I'm home getting ready for bed in the hopes to make the 6am class tomorrow so that I can go visit my sweetheart for a few days before I work again on Sunday.
Another little milestones. Doubles. More to come in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment